10 years has flown by married to this crazy-fun guy!!! We celebrated in such an unorthodox way and had a TOTALLY amazing time. Jeremy had arranged to have our friend Jill watch the kids (EVEN OWEN:) - thanks Jill!!). He came home early and I was NOT ready. In fact he was excited that I was wearing capris and a t-shirt and hadn't done my hair. This was red flag #1. Red flag #2 came when he told me that we weren't going out to dinner!!! (In my head was this monologue..."WHAT??? WHO DOESN'T TAKE THEIR WIFE OUT TO DINNER ON THEIR 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY???????) I refrained from saying ALL that I wanted to say and decided to have a little faith in my husband. Let me just say that he did not disappoint!
I had absolutely NO idea where we were going or what we were doing. Finally, he told me that we were on our way to Home Depot. I had plenty of guesses as to what we were going to do at "the daddy store" (as my kids call it). Are we painting a room for our anniversary? Are we planting a tree to commemorate 10 years of wedded bliss?Thankfully the answer was "NO" to all of my wonderings. Finally Jeremy explained that every anniversary has a traditional gift attached to it and 10 is tin (or aluminum). We were at the Depot to get a new Weber charcoal grill (We have a gas one already and I have been wanting one of these:) Then we were going to shop for all the fixings to make "tin-foil" dinners!!! SOOO FUN! and SOO Jeremy. We are going to take a little trip for our 10 year and we will do a nice anniversary dinner then, but until we do that, he wanted to celebrate the actual day with something special that I would never forget! I was TOTALLY on board!
We got the grill and then hit the grocery store for some steak, potatoes and other yummies!
We needed a dessert, so we of course had to have pie because it comes in a tin!
We decided after this little mini firestorm that we need one of those charcoal lighter contraptions!
We had the greatest time just hanging out together at our house with NO kids. Jeremy made me a CD of songs that became the sountrack for the night! Great tunes hon!!!
I have never had a tin-foil dinner and this was seriously some of the best food I have EVER eaten.. Perfectly cooked and seasoned!! Again - great job honey!
After dinner, it was time to give each other our gifts. Jeremy surprised me with a little blue box!! I have always told him that the "box" was the ultimate symbol of romance and I would LOVE to get one, someday, even if it was empty:) Well - I got one - and it wasn't empty! He gave me a BEAUTIFUL bracelet and I LOVE IT!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU BABES!!
My gift to him was a book I put together chronicling our first 10 years.
This is just a little shot of the gifts! Although I neglected to get a shot of the bracelet he gave me. The one on the table is one that I made and hastily removed to put my new one on! I also forgot to mention that he made me a little tin foil rose! So talented!! What a great night. It was soo fun just being together and enjoying a quiet night - AT HOME - WHO KNEW? Happy Anniversary Jer! I love you!!

8 comments:
All I have to say is ~ 8-8-98 to ETERNITY! You guys are too cute! What a fun anniversary ~ I am so happy for you. HAPPY 10 YEARS.
hahahahaha - that was a classic "insiders comment". We miss you guys!
so creative and fun! congrats again guys!
That sounds like a fun night!
Happy 10th you two!
I want to see the bracelet Mary!!:)
We miss you guys.
Happy Anniversary!!!
Ah yes, we were celebrating 10 years of love within a day of each other. One of the first things we bonded over, I think. What a great celebration! How crazy is it that one of my Jeremy memories is when he got a computer with a CD burner and we all thought it was the coolest thing ever. And here he is, still doing the mix CD's. I love it!
What a fun anniversary. Jeremy is so creative. Glad to finally see pictures of the evening...still want to see the bracelet though.
Wow! Ten years! How exciting...and gotta love the little blue box!
Post a Comment